I am an Assistant Professor in the Department of Information and Communication Engineering at DGIST. I am also a director of the Computation Efficient Learning Lab (CELL). My group is working on designing various learning methodologies based on brain-inspired hyperdimensional computing. We are also exploring how to utilize state-of-the-art learning solutions such as deep learning to build future systems with a focus on alternative computing and embedded systems. Find me more in Google Scholar
- "Center for Research on Intelligent Storage and Processing-in-memory (CRISP), Joint University Microelectronics Program (JUMP)" SRC, 2018 - 2020
- "Power Efficient, Hierarchical, Introspection Framework for HPC Systems," Intel, 2016 - Present
- "Cognitive Hardware and Software Ecosystem Community Infrastructure (CHASE-CI)," NSF(National Science Foundation) Grant Awarded, 2017 - 2020
- "ENACT: Environment-Aware Management of Mobile Systems," NSF(National Science Foundation) Grant Awarded, 2015 - 2020
- "Brain-Inspired Hyperdimensional Computing, DGIST-GIST Dal-Bit (meaning moonlight) AI Workshop, August 2020
- "Energy-efficient system design fsystems," Daegu Gyeongbuk Institute of Science and Technology (DGIST), September 2018
- "Embedded System Development and Security Issues," Seminar on Forward Thinking for IoT Security, January 2016
- External Reviewer, Design Automation Conference (DAC), 2018-Present
- Co-Teaching with Prof. Rosing, CSE291: Software for Accelerators -Google's TensorFlow on Tensor Processing Units, UCSD, 2018.10-2018.12
- Co-Teaching with Prof. Rosing, CSE291: Alternative Computing Paradigm, UCSD, 2017.03-2017.06
- DCG (Data Center Group), Intel, 2017.05-2017.09
- SCL (Strategic CAD Lab.), Intel, 2015.06-2015.09
- ASEL (Advanced System Engineering Lab.), Samsung Research America, 2014.06-2014.09
- FINALData Inc., 2007.01-2010.02
Wanna an Appointment?
Just send me an email: yeseongkim(AT)dgist.ac.kr ! Please also refer to the caldenar below :)
Computer Scientiests like putting some comments as always!
My background is computer software, and I love computer programming. I have also studied many embedded systems and computer architecture-related topics, the ones of my primary research in my Ph.D. study. I used to play keyboards in different meanings - please come visit this or this this to listen my song!